Translate

Thursday 24 January 2013

No Way of Escape!?!

As the months rolled by, it was not only their hearing that was growing keener, but their bodies were taking up more space. It was Bel Esprit who remarked about it first.

“Have you ever noticed how crowded we are getting in here?”

“I thought something was changing,” Bon Amie replied, “But haven’t paid too much attention. What I have noticed, though, is that there is a lot of beautiful music floating in from Outer Space. I just love the sound out it!”

“Oh, quit changing the subject!”
“My, aren’t you the grumpy one!”

“Well, if you weren’t always jabbing me in the back with your knee, I wouldn’t complain!”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I’ll try to take up as little space as possible, if that will help.”

“I sure hope so,” her brother muttered. It didn’t take much to get him irritable these days. He missed the carefree days of discovery when there was so much space to roam.

On another day the same topic was brought up again.

“Hey you kicked me on the head with your heel! I wish you would just--leave!”

“I can’t, “ Bon Amie answered sadly. “I examined every inch of this cave and there is absolutely no way of escape.” She didn’t add that she rather enjoyed having the walls, which were so soft and gentle, cradling her, although they were getting rather tight the last while.

“Well, face in that direction and let’s see if we can get in a good snooze. There’s nothing else to do around here, anymore, anyway!”

    As Bon Amie squirmed into a new position, (and making the walls bulge, although she did not know it) she was dimly aware that Bel Esprit had chosen the more favoured spot, which was with his head down and his back as far away from Rocky Ridge as possible.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment