Translate

Sunday 19 January 2014

Disapproving Eyebrows

My bethrothed parents were provoked with me, and now Abba wanted to have a talk...

"Mary'am look at me."

My gaze lifted upwards, but it was hard to keep it steady since his face was so stern. He took a long breath and expelled it slowly while crossing his arms in front of himself.

"Come. We must have a talk."The petals of the almond tree scattered around me when I brushed past them. I could not allow myself to think of the memories they stirred up. Abba, (Daddy) leaned against the inside wall of the barn, and I stood beside our goat, apprehensively stroking the smooth, white hair on her nose. Imma (Mom) was once again hovering somewhere near her husband; my father.


"Daughter, are you thinking clearly?" I uttered a little gasp and wondered what he could be getting at. To my apprehensive heart, it seemed to take so long for him to continue his thought.

"Your mother and I have know for a long time how deeply you love El' Elohim. (God) and we appreciate it." He paused and Imma stepped forward to rest her hand on his arm. "I believe you would long to be the mother of the Mashiach but yeled, child, do you not realize how impossible that would be? Your longing has turned into a flight of the imagination which is leaving your betrothed family feeling very disturbed."

"Oh, but Abba! It is true!" He held up his hand to silence me.


No comments:

Post a Comment