Translate

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Dunromin


‘God is everywhere’ is not just a glib statement. I marvel at how He has been able to touch people from all walks of life regardless of their circumstances. I’m thinking of Shoshanna right now. Most people might think of her as an unlikely candidate for Christianity but God sure didn’t. He had His eye on her from infancy. No, I’ll take that back. He had been protecting her from even before she was born. Her mother had wanted her aborted, and wasn’t ashamed to tell her so, but I guess God had other plans for her life. God loves her. And He loves you also, regardless of your lot in life.
 She ended up being a street person
; the kind that saunters down the street with a concealed switchblade  But there was a cry in her heart for something more satisfying. (You know what that’s like.) She turned down a street called Dunromin. Yeah, no kidding, that’s what it was called, and looked up and saw a light in the upper part of a church. Well, Shoshanna figured that was a message from God to stop roaming and come to Him so she decided to visit that church. She didn’t leave her switchblade behind, not yet, but God understood. To make a long story short, Shoshanna did eventually find out that she could have a meaningful relationship with the Father. He was her Savior and Friend, and she His willing and obedient child. She was the one that taught me that the Hebrew word Abba could be interpreted as Daddy in English. Now, isn’t that special? It shows that God really wants us to be His little children and be kept safe in His care.

               No, this isn't a happily-ever-after story, as far as I know, but whose is? But I do know that my friend had a lot of excess baggage that she was loaded down with such as the cruelty and evil of various kinds of abuse from early on. But the Father has His eye on her. She has drifted out of my life, although I often think about her, but I’m sure God is still keeping track of her.
 Shoshanna later found out there never had been a light in that upper window in the church, but God had put one there that night. Just for her. What is He doing for you? Hey, you, wherever you are, keep following that Light. The Light of the world is Jesus.
Shoshanna, if by some miracle you happen to read this, please get in touch. I’m thinking of you and love you.
              

No comments:

Post a Comment