Translate

Thursday 11 April 2013

Where From Here?


Though a dream cloud I saw it, but that didn’t make it any less clear or uncomfortable.
…. The mountainous trail through the Alps was narrow, far narrower than I would have chosen and I probably hadn't chosen it, but there I was. As we kept plodding along, the ledge I was walking along seemed to keep getting narrower and steeper. At one point a ‘bottomless’ pool was to my right, and I hesitated to try to inch past it,
but someone behind me told me just to lean against the mountain wall as I crept past, so I did. I made it thus far, but worse was yet to come. A landslide divided me, us, from those farther on, completely covering the path.  Someone up ahead called back that I should find a different way, but I couldn’t. There were no hand-holds in that shale to my right and to the left the mountain broke off steeply to a green valley with lakes far below.
               In my dream it seemed like the opportune time to wake up, but in real life it’s not quite that simple. I’m still trusting God to make a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment