Translate

Friday 1 February 2013

Ponderings of a Mother



Out of your haven so sheltered and warm
Oh baby you soon will be torn.
For these long, quiet months you've been
Nourished and loved
'Neath my heart away from alarms.
My steady heartbeat is pounding away
And baby's own echoes mine,too
In a nest for my darling that's cozy and dark
And my heart soothes away all alarms.
Baby, dear baby, we are yearning for you,
Our empty arms long to be filled.
Your kicking goes on
I've watched as you move
And my heart keeps away all all alarms.
There's another place waiting
For the child so dear
Another that's sheltering and safe.
There's nourishment to,
Where the child can feed
How I long to feel the strong pull
Of a hungry young mouth
As it suckles my breast
And my heart keeps away all alarms.

books by Marilyn Friesen are available on line.

No comments:

Post a Comment